WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:57 pm 

Hi friends,

Sibelius 2018.7, the current release from Avid, installs on wine successfully, but running the application fails. On the development version of wine, the Avid application manager runs fine and the installer installs some fonts, but the application still fails. Installing winbind removed one error, but the remaining one (which occurs when running the application after installation succeeds, and apart from several dozen fixmes) is

Code:
Loading AvidRemoteObjects364.dll
LoadLibrary failed:  Check your system32 or SysWOW64 directory for AvidRemoteObjects364.dll

It looks like some critical DLL fails to install. Using the winetricks verbs which have worked with previous Sibelius versions don't change the behavior. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:21 am 
Level 1
Level 1

Sure, you likely have this same software installed on a Windows machine. Just copy the file(s)
that are missing from a Windows Install to your wine subdirectory as it's telling you.

Larry

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:24 pm 

ldkraemer wrote:
Sure, you likely have this same software installed on a Windows machine. Just copy the file(s)
that are missing from a Windows Install to your wine subdirectory as it's telling you.

I thought I'd try that approach so I installed the software on a win10 VM to look for the DLL -- no luck, at least not in system32, syswow64, or any registry keys. I also didn't find any mention of it in the registry of the wine install.

So I'm grasping at straws. My next plan is to use dependency walker on both installs to find the differences. (Unfortunately my VM is very slow so this is currently "in progress".)

edit: dependency walker doesn't mention AvidRemoteObjects or variants like ARO*, RO*, RemoteObjects. Maybe this is a red herring?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:08 am 
Level 6
Level 6

The DLL is probably a part of the program. Is there a free version to test with? A full log would be good, too.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:45 am 
Level 12
Level 12

@ dried

Are you running the application correctly? See: Wine User's Guide: 3.1 How to install and run Windows programs.

Windows uses the present working directory as part of the PATH search for executable files, which is distinct from the Unix/Linux default.
This includes searching for dynamic link libraries.

Bob

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help » Linux