Segmentation fault: 11 on macOS Monterey 12.2.1 Intel

Questions about Wine on macOS.
whitefx

Segmentation fault: 11 on macOS Monterey 12.2.1 Intel

Post by whitefx »

I had Wine 7 running for a while on my mid 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, installed via Homebrew. Several months ago I attempted to upgrade to Wine 8 and could no longer get the one .exe to properly load and was presented with
Segmentation fault: 11
Several months later (now) I've revisited this and have completely wiped all instances of Wine via

Code: Select all

brew uninstall wine-stable
I attempted to reinstall to the latest (tried both stable and devel) with Homebrew and manually from github (of course uninstalling each time that I couldn't get it to work)

I've also ensured I installed GStreamer.framework. I even tried installing winetricks.

I've attempted to run the .exe from the command line with

wine program.exe
and

wine64 program.exe
although I'm under the impression this isn't required anymore for running my 64 bit app
(I've also ensured I have the correct directory location when using cli) as well as right-clicking in Finder and choosing "Open with.. wine-stable.app"

I've tried so many combinations of versions of Wine and continue getting the segmentation fault error. I've searched other non-wine forums and see that this may have to do with a memory error or translation error but cannot seem to make any progress.

I'm hoping to see if anyone might have any insight or alternative direction for troubleshooting.