WineHQ
Wine Forums

Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help




 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 



 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:52 pm 
 
When trying to run a sample .NET WPF application (that I wrote, just a
simple Hello World) I get the following message:
wine: Install Mono 2.8 or greater for Windows to run .NET 4.0 applications.

However, Mono cannot run WPF applications. Can I force Wine to run it?
Does Wine support WPF? This is with Wine 1.3.28 on the latest Kubuntu.

Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen


Top 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:52 am 
Offline
Level 8
Level 8

Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:54 am
Posts: 1020
Dotan Cohen If you are lucky the WPF you have used will fall inside silverlight requirements with Mono.

If not your stuffed. Wine does not do anything special to support .net

Native windows binary programs are far more likely to work than .net based stuff with wine.

Even better learn QT and basically release native linux and be done with it.


Top 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:16 am 
 
On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 09:52, oiaohm <wineforum-user@winehq.org> wrote:
Quote:
Dotan Cohen  If you are lucky the WPF you have used will fall inside silverlight requirements with Mono.


Although I am almost certain that the XAML is silverlight-compatible
(I wrote it by hand), Mono won't run it. I'll ask about that on the
Mono list.


Quote:
If not your stuffed.  Wine does not do anything special to support .net
Native windows binary programs are far more likely to work than .net based stuff with wine.


I see, thanks. Yet another drawback to .NET development to mark down!


Quote:
Even better learn QT and basically release native linux and be done with it.


Of course! Qt is a technology that I am adding to my toolbox.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 




Board index » WineHQ » Wine Help


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: