Flash Player standalone (aka Projector) / mscms.dll

Questions about Wine on Linux
whatbug
Level 3
Level 3

Flash Player standalone (aka Projector) / mscms.dll

Post by whatbug »

Hello,
I can't manage to install the standalone Flash Player (aka Projector), although it has platinum rating in the AppDB:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=15096 ... :-/

The error I get is:

Code: Select all

err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"mscms.dll": liblcms2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:module:import_dll Loading library mscms.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\flashplayer_13_sa.exe") failed (error c000007a).
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\flashplayer_13_sa.exe" failed, status c0000135
I tried the with 12, 13 and 14 version but none of them work.

Any help is appreciated.
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Flash Player standalone (aka Projector) / mscms.dll

Post by oiaohm »

liblcms2.so.2 this library is not installed by the system for some reason. This is a distribution question not a wine question. if you are on 64 bit system it will have to be i386 version installed.

whatbug wine has a huge list of possible dependencies when wine is installed it does not demand the lot installed. So every time you see a line like this one
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"mscms.dll": liblcms2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Its something that needs to be installed by the distribution package manager in most cases to fix. Before you ask the reason why wine when it installs does not demand everything is most applications don't need everything. So this will happen from time to time and it part of using wine. This is also why we don't recommend people straight up using wine before getting to know their system.

As you just found out distribution hooping without understanding basic wine messages is a huge waste of time with wine.
whatbug
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Flash Player standalone (aka Projector) / mscms.dll

Post by whatbug »

Hey,
I figured the thing with liblcms2.so.2 quite fast, but it still didn't work...

I was already pulling my hair out, until I noticed:
oiaohm wrote:... if you are on 64 bit system it will have to be i386 version installed.
So yeah this was it...

Thanks.