MS Office Pro Plus 2010 installation fails due to error

Questions about Wine on Linux
Dillon Holeman
Level 2
Level 2

MS Office Pro Plus 2010 installation fails due to error

Post by Dillon Holeman »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Wine and I'm trying to get Microsoft Office installed, but it encounters an error and fails.

I'm using Wine 1.7.1 and Fedora 19.

From the how-to in the AppDB page for the MS Office 2010 installer (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=17336), it appears that I need the following things via winetricks:
dlls: msxml6
fonts: corefonts

Further, riched20 will be installed by Office. I understand it's not needed for the installer, but is needed when I want to run Word/Excet/...

I have the wine-mono and winbind packages.

I guess I'll go through this process step by step, and hopefully someone can point out where things are going wrong.

First, I created the 32-bit Wine prefix:

Code: Select all

$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32-test winecfg
wine: created the configuration directory '/home/damek/.wine32-test'
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
fixme:storage:create_storagefile Storage share mode not implemented.
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: /usr/lib/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x10ee900, overlapped 0x10ee90c): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/damek/.wine32-test' has been updated.
fixme:msg:pack_message msg 14 (WM_ERASEBKGND) not supported yet
It created the directory and when I compare the contents to what's in the default .wine prefix it appears to be the same. However there are errors as you can see above. Are any of them a big problem?
dimesio

Re: MS Office Pro Plus 2010 installation fails due to error

Post by dimesio »

Dillon Holeman wrote: From the how-to in the AppDB page for the MS Office 2010 installer (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... &iId=17336), it appears that I need the following things via winetricks:
dlls: msxml6
fonts: corefonts
The AppDB howto does not call for either. Corefonts is useful if you don't have them installed systemwide, but msxml6 shouldn't be needed.
Further, riched20 will be installed by Office. I understand it's not needed for the installer, but is needed when I want to run Word/Excet/...
That is correct. Set the override after installing.

err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
You definitely need to fix that. Office 2010 will not install without it. Note that you need 32 bit winbind.
Dillon Holeman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dillon Holeman »

And here's what I get when I try to run the installer (I suppressed all the fixme messages):

$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 WINEDEBUG=fixme-all wine /run/media/damek/New/Microsoft\ Office\ Enterprise\ 2010\ Corporate\ Final\ \(full\ activated\)/setup.exe
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: /usr/lib/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
p11-kit: couldn't load module: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: /usr/lib/pkcs11/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:rpc:I_RpcGetBuffer no binding
err:module:import_dll Library sqdedev.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\users\\damek\\Temp\\msi9c7d.tmp") not found
err:module:import_dll Library sqdedev.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\users\\damek\\Temp\\msi9c7d.tmp") not found
err:msi:free_package_structures failed to delete L"C:\\users\\damek\\Temp\\msi9c7d.tmp" (32)
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} could be created for context 0x1
err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} not registered
err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {e2b3c97f-6ae1-41ac-817a-f6f92166d7dd} could be created for context 0x1
err:msi:ITERATE_Actions Execution halted, action L"CAInstallSppPlugin.x86" returned 1603
err:msi:load_ttf_name_id Unable to open font file L"C:\\windows\\Fonts\\ARIALUNI.TTF"
err:msi:ACTION_CallDllFunction Custom action (L"C:\\users\\damek\\Temp\\msi80d5.tmp":L"ExecSecureObjectsRollback") caused a page fault: c0000005
err:module:import_dll Library sqdedev.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\users\\damek\\Temp\\msi4a3f.tmp") not found
err:module:import_dll Library sqdedev.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\users\\damek\\Temp\\msi4a3f.tmp") not found
err:msi:free_package_structures failed to delete L"C:\\users\\damek\\Temp\\msi4a3f.tmp" (32)
err:rpc:RpcAssoc_BindConnection rejected bind for reason 0
err:rpc:RpcAssoc_BindConnection rejected bind for reason 0
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

As I said, you have to fix that. You also need to delete the wineprefix with the failed install and start over with a clean one.
Dillon Holeman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dillon Holeman »

dimesio wrote:Note that you need 32 bit winbind.
This is what yum tells me I have:
Installed Packages
samba-winbind.x86_64 2:4.0.9-1.fc19 @updates

But that's apparently not the right thing?

When I track down this 32-bit winbind, am I supposed to put it "in Linux" or is it supposed to go in my 32-bit "wine32" wineprefix?

Sorry if the above question isn't very direct. As I said, I'm new to Wine. I'm also pretty new to Linux as well. I have no idea what winbind is or what role it serves. It would be excellent if someone could provide a conceptual rundown of winbind. I always like to get a little "why" with my "how."
dimesio

Post by dimesio »

What you have installed is the 64 bit package. You also need the 32 bit one for 64 bit systems. Install it through your package manager just as you would any other package. It probably has a name similar to the package you already have, but says 32 bit somewhere. I don't use Fedora myself, so I don't know the exact name or where to find it; ask on the Fedora forum.

As to what winbind is, the extent of my knowledge is it's part of Samba, it's the package that usually contains ntlm_auth, and Office 2007/2010 won't install without it.
Dillon Holeman
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dillon Holeman »

I got on the Fedora forum and found out that "samba-winbind-clients.x86_64" was the package that worked for me. It's the 64-bit version, but maybe it has support for 32-bit clients??? It works though. I'm not sure why, but it works.

Most of the guys on the Fedora forum said that the 32-bit "samba-winbind-clients.i686" would be the one I needed, but after having success witht he 64-bit version, I never bothered to try the 32-bit one, so I can't comment on whether that one will or won't work for others.

Both of the above packages were available through the yum package manager.

I'm now up and running. Thanks dime!