xfce launcher won't work

Questions about Wine on Linux
pargoo

xfce launcher won't work

Post by pargoo »

Sorry to post such a simple question, but I've just installed wine so I can use Winword '97 under linux (SimplyMepis 8.0). Got both installed without any difficulty - I've played with wine before - but for some reason my xfce desktop launcher won't start it. Double-clicking on the winword.exe file in my .wine directory certainly works, but not a launcher with the simple command '/usr/bin/wine winword.exe'...I'm puzzled. Do I need the FULL path?
dimesio

Re: xfce launcher won't work

Post by dimesio »

pargoo wrote:Double-clicking on the winword.exe file in my .wine directory certainly works, but not a launcher with the simple command '/usr/bin/wine winword.exe'...I'm puzzled.
Unless you disabled it, winemenubuilder should have created a menu item for you with the correct command. Copy the command from that for your launcher.
pargoo

Re: xfce launcher won't work

Post by pargoo »

Excellent thought! Alas, xfce didn't create a menu entry. I got around this by logging out and back into Gnome which HAD created a menu entry, and using the 'add launcher to desktop' procedure to create one. When I logged back into xfce the launcher was there on the desktop ready to go :)