Wineprefix does not know my printer

Questions about Wine on Linux
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Wineprefix does not know my printer

Post by Opako »

Hello

I have changed from MX-Linux 19 to MX-Linux 23 (Debian based).
I have also changed the printer at the same time.
In MX-19 I had a Microsoft Office prefix (32 bit). I have copied this prefix to MX-23.

Problem: When I start MS Word in MX-23 and want to print, it says: No printer is installed.
Of course the printer works in Linux programmes.

What do I have to do so that the printer is also available in Wine in the MS Office Prefix?

Would appreciate some help.
Thank you.
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Wineprefix does not know my printer

Post by Opako »

More Info:
When I open notepad.exe from the same prefix, I have the printer. But not in the Microsoft Office programmes.

MS Office setup.exe -> repair does not help.

Would appreciate some help. Thank you.
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Opako »

30 minutes later:
Now I have the printers in MS Word 2010. I don't know why. Is it because of the "repair"? And I have checked it too early?
But I have the printers not in MS Excel 2010, although it is in the same prefix. If the repair did solve this, I guess I should now have the printers also in Excel.

Strange!

Edit: Now I have started again MS Word. And now I have again no printers also in MS Word 2010. !

More Info: It is a HP Printer via USB.
Opako
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Opako »

OK. I have found out something.

When I start Excel or Word with this command ...

Code: Select all

lutris lutris:rungameid/7
I have the printers.

When I start Word with this command ...

env WINEPREFIX="~/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio" "~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.2-x86_64/bin/wine" "~/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14/WINWORD.EXE"
... then I do not have the printers.

Maybe you say now: Fine just change the way you start Word.

But I have tried very hard to find a command (here: viewtopic.php?p=143697#p143697), that works within my wine-extension-docx.desktop files (opening a *.docx via thunar via right click).

And the only command that has worked was ...

env WINEPREFIX="~/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio" "~/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.2-x86_64/bin/wine" "~/.local/share/wineprefixes/Microsoft_2010_Office_Visio/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office14/WINWORD.EXE"
I was very happy when I have found this command. But only now I have realized, that this command also does not work (printers). So I am at the beginning again. What can I do, to get a wine-extension-docx.desktop that works and has at the same time also the printers?

With the command ...

Exec=lutris lutris:rungameid/6 %f
... in the file wine-extension-docx.desktop, Word starts, but it does not show the document. The sheet is empty.

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.