WINE & interprocess communication / shared memory access

Questions about Wine on Linux
hoover
Level 2
Level 2

WINE & interprocess communication / shared memory access

Post by hoover »

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get several support programs to work with Falcon BMS (a falcon 4.0 mod which works great on WINE).

Among these there are several (YAME64) which access BMS' shared memory using a DLL of sorts to extract flight data and display gauges from the sim on a second monitor or even over the network on other PCs such as raspberry pies with displays connected to them and so on. (these are mostly used for cockpit building)

As none of these work out of the box (YAME64 works great, just the extraction part doesn't), I was wondering if there are any restrictions when two programs running under WINE try to access each other's memory or use custom DLLs to do so.

I'm using winehq-staging on Linux Mint 18.2 (64bit), both Falcon BMS and YAME64 are using the same WINEPREFIX.

Thanks in advance for any pointers & ideas,

Uwe

Falcon BMS:
https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=14685
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Re: WINE & interprocess communication / shared memory access

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Don't know of such limitations, in theory it should work. Can you give instructions on how to setup so it would work on a windows machine?
hoover
Level 2
Level 2

Re: WINE & interprocess communication / shared memory access

Post by hoover »

Hello & thanks for your reply. Indeed it seems to work, I got the YAME32 program working with display extraction (which means accessing BMS' shared memory works just fine).

All the best, Uwe