Office 2010 Saves Additional files

Questions about Wine on Linux
tekkaman

Office 2010 Saves Additional files

Post by tekkaman »

Hi everyone,

I installed Office 2010 on Manjaro 16.10 and is working great but I´m having a small problem when I save a document. It saves the file but creates 2 or 3 additional files with the same name but with .lnk extension. It does that every time I use Save or Save As. If I save a lot I end up with a lot of them. I wonder I can correct this or if I have to wait for some update.
dimesio

Re: Office 2010 Saves Additional files

Post by dimesio »

What version of Wine are you using? There was a bug for that, but it was fixed over two years ago. https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15480.

If you're not using the latest development release, upgrade, and reinstall Office to a clean wineprefix.
tekkaman

Re: Office 2010 Saves Additional files

Post by tekkaman »

Thanks for your help. That was quite helpful. I was using Wine 1.7.52 via Play on Linux. I created the Recent folder here: /home/user/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Office2010/drive_c/users/user/Recent/. After that in the configuration I change Wine to 1.9.23. Everything is working fine now. I have a question about the Recent folder though. Will those files be deleted by themselves in time like temporary files ?