X Error of failed Request

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
ozymandius
Level 2
Level 2

X Error of failed Request

Post by ozymandius »

Hello all, I seem to be having this problem with the Mysteries of Westgate premium module for Neverwinter Nights 2. I keep getting the following error message on attempting to run the install file:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 19 (X_DeleteProperty)
Resource id in failed request: 0x3e00008
Serial number of failed request: 1724
Current serial number in output stream: 1738

I'm currently running wine 1.1.39 (although this problem occurs in 1.1.35-38 as well), Ubuntu karmic 64bit, nvidia 190.53 drivers. i have directx9, vcrun2005sp1 and vcrun2005 as well as wine-gecko installed through winetricks (Neverwinter Nights 2 requires directx9 and not d3d9 to be installed, could this be creating problems?)

Many thanks people.
Deusdies
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Deusdies »

I have a very similar problem. Programs install fine and Office 2k7 works flawlessly (from what I've noticed). I installed Borderlands and Civilization IV successfully, but when I try to start either of those two I get

X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 136 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
Serial number of failed request: 990
Current serial number in output stream: 990

I have ATI HD5750 and ATI's propriety drivers. The system is Ubuntu 9.10
ozymandius
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ozymandius »

Does anyone have any advice?
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

Deusdies wrote:X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 136 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
Usually these errors indicate that you do not have matching 32-bit OpenGL library to your 64-bit video driver.

Reinstall video driver and don't forget to check option to install 32-bit libraries. Or check for a separate package with 32-bit libraries you need to install for your video driver.