HTML Mail on Wine List

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Jim Hall

HTML Mail on Wine List

Post by Jim Hall »

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 6:08 PM, James McKenzie <[email protected]>wrote:
Jim:

Your reply in the Wine list was deleted. I don't know what you said as
there was no plain text. If you are using Gmail's mail system, please click
on 'Plain Text' whenever replying to the Wine list.

Thank you.

James

James (and list),

Try this. Does it display properly?

Jim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-us ... chment.htm>
oiaohm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by oiaohm »

Jim Hall pardon for stepping in. But please remember the mailing list is bolted to the forum.winehq.org

This is a url done in forum. http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=12739 see how your message looks to us forum users.

I don't know how a forum message url appears on the mailing list.

Basically their are extra rules in the wine users mailing list because it is bolted to the forum.

oiaohm
jjmckenzie

How Does HTML Mail Appear on the Mailing List

Post by jjmckenzie »

oiaohm wrote:Jim Hall pardon for stepping in. But please remember the mailing list is bolted to the forum.winehq.org

This is a url done in forum. http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=12739 see how your message looks to us forum users.

I don't know how a forum message url appears on the mailing list.

Basically their are extra rules in the wine users mailing list because it is bolted to the forum.

oiaohm
Exactly how it appears in the forum, with the HTML attachment scrubbed. The Forum software does not do the scrubbing, Mailman does. That is the software used for the mailing list.

Again, if you are using GMAIL's mailer, select 'plain text', if you are using Thunderbird, click on preferences -> Composition -> Send Options -> Plain Text Domains and type in winehq.org. Thus any message sent to the winehq.org domain will be sent in plain text.
Jim Hall

HTML Mail on Wine List

Post by Jim Hall »

Exactly how it appears in the forum, with the HTML attachment scrubbed.  The Forum software does not do the scrubbing, Mailman does.  That is the software used for the mailing list.

Again, if you are using GMAIL's mailer, select 'plain text', if you are using Thunderbird, click on preferences -> Composition -> Send Options -> Plain Text Domains and type in winehq.org.  Thus any message sent to the winehq.org domain will be sent in plain text.

I am using gmail. I finally found the "plain text" you're talking
about, it's at the right end of the row of icons above the message
body box. I didn't see it because I avoid those icons like the plague
and because Google is still messing with the interface (probably
always will). Very sorry for the problem. I hope this fixes it.

Jim