Winetricks ie6

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
3vi1
Level 4
Level 4

Winetricks ie6

Post by 3vi1 »

Has anyone else had ie6 stop working for them when run with recent (this week) Git builds?

Even after recreating .wine and reinstalling ie6 via winetricks, I'm getting an exception.

If I backlevel (quickly tested by installing the old ubuntu wine package), it works fine.

I just wanted to see if I was the only one having the issue before I started regression testing. I'm not sure if this is a wine issue, or a side effect of one of some new lucid package.

Code: Select all

fixme:wininet:IsHostInProxyBypassList STUB: flags=3 host=www.winehq.org length=14                                                     
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW INTERNET_OPTION_COOKIES_3RD_PARTY; STUB                                                              
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_REQUEST_PRIORITY (-1): STUB                                                   
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_CODEPAGE (65001): STUB                                                        
fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_ERROR_MASK(11): STUB                                                          
fixme:seh:_abnormal_termination (void)stub                                                                                            
*** longjmp causes uninitialized stack frame ***: iexplore terminated                                                                 
======= Backtrace: =========                                                                                                          
/lib32/libc.so.6(__fortify_fail+0x50)[0xf75e5fa0]                                                                                     
/lib32/libc.so.6(+0xe3f0a)[0xf75e5f0a]                                                                                                
/usr/local/bin/../lib/wine/kernel32.dll.so[0x7b837646]                                                                                
[0x70d7d9e9]                                                                                                                          
/usr/local/bin/../lib/libwine.so.1(+0x7eed)[0xf766beed]      
3vi1
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 3vi1 »

Hmmm.... can anyone else at least confirm it's working for them? I just now dd a complete re-install and see the same problem after buidling from git.
Chewi

Post by Chewi »

I'm seeing this problem on the last three Wine versions back to 1.1.34. It also affects ie7 through winetricks. I'm running Gentoo and interestingly, it only occurs on my 32-bit machine but not my 64-bit machine. I'm using a 32-bit build of Wine though. The system was more recently updated on the 32-bit machine so maybe that's the real cause. My suspicion lies with glibc, which is 2.11 on the 32-bit machine and 2.10 on the 64-bit machine.
Chewi

Post by Chewi »