Keyboard problem since wine 0.9.56

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Bobus

Keyboard problem since wine 0.9.56

Post by Bobus »

Hi!

I am stuck with wine 0.9.55 because of a weird keyboard behavior in fullscreen applications (DX games). I can only press each key once - then the program stops responding to it. No crash, no message at console...

Any ideas on how to solve that?

OpenSUSE 10.3, KDE 3.5.7, Xorg 7.2, beryl 0.2.0 - all from official repositories
vitamin

Re: Keyboard problem since wine 0.9.56

Post by vitamin »

Bobus wrote:Hi!

I am stuck with wine 0.9.55 because of a weird keyboard behavior in fullscreen applications (DX games). I can only press each key once - then the program stops responding to it. No crash, no message at console...

Any ideas on how to solve that?

OpenSUSE 10.3, KDE 3.5.7, Xorg 7.2, beryl 0.2.0 - all from official repositories
Have you changed any Wine settings? Does it work with virtual display mode?
Chuckles

Post by Chuckles »

Let me throw my 2 cents (US) into this. I'm experiencing the same issue. SOME DirectX apps work and others do not. Diablo 2 runs fine full screen however Neverwinter Nights 1, Deus Ex and Warcraft III just plain out ignore the keyboard, they do however run fine when run in a virtual desktop. They all worked in 0.9.59 but with the fast an furious updates of late I can't say for sure if they got broke in 0.9.60 but they are not working in 0.9.61

ctrl+alt+backspace will reset the X session just fine.

Chuck

Running:
Ubuntu 8.04 and Wine 0.9.61 from the official WineHQ repository
Chuckles

Post by Chuckles »

Ok.. Did some more playing about with this issue and this is what I found. Run Wine configuration and make sure the "Allow the window manager to control the windows" option is checked on. Start the app and when it's running hit the alt-tab sequence until you get to that windows app. The app gets focus and the keyboard is then responsive.

Does this work for anyone else or is it just me?

Chuck
Bobus

Solved!

Post by Bobus »

It seems to be a conflict between wine and xneur (automatic keyboard layout switcher). So "killall xneur & wine ..." works flawlessly!

Wine 0.9.61 is great!! Fantastic job, guys! :D