Sudden problems running Photoshop CS4

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
vityav

Sudden problems running Photoshop CS4

Post by vityav »

Hello all,
So about a week ago I had photoshop CS4 up and running perfectly under 64 bit Fedora core 11 until I deleted my .wine folder. Photoshop is in a bottle (.wine_photoshop) so I assumed it wouldn't be affected, but it suddenly stopped working (in retrospect I don't think I bottled it correctly). I got an error message which I'll put at the end of this, since I'm now getting it again. I've attempted to start over from scratch, completely deleted everything wine related and compiled/installed 1.1.17. After fiddling around with winetricks and ie6, I got the program to install under its own bottle, basically following these instructions:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... ngId=39845

Now the part I'm stuck on. When it stopped working I had just installed 1.1.32 to try to start over after I deleted the .wine folder. This failed to run. Since then I've tried completely clean wine installs using 1.1.17 and upgrading to 1.1.28, 29, and 32 again, and all have ended up with the same error:

Code: Select all

err:module:import_dll Library GLU32.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\aif_ogl.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library aif_ogl.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\Photoshop.exe") not found
err:module:import_dll Library image_runtime.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\image_flow.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library image_flow.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\Photoshop.exe") not found
This is repeated a few times but eventually ends in

err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Photoshop CS4\\Photoshop.exe" failed, status c0000135
All of those dll files appear in the main photoshop folder, and the glu32.dll is also in /usr/lib/wine and /usr/lib64/wine. I've even tried copying all of these dlls into wines windows/system and windows/system32 directories but that error message never goes away.

I'm not sure what I had in my .wine folder that made this work previously, or how I installed it last time (it was 4 hours of randomly trying everything and it eventually worked). Any help or insight any of you can offer is greatly appreciated.[/code]
vitamin

Re: Sudden problems running Photoshop CS4

Post by vitamin »

vityav wrote:All of those dll files appear in the main photoshop folder, and the glu32.dll is also in /usr/lib/wine and /usr/lib64/wine.
Remove 64-bit Wine. It causes all sort of issues.
vityav

Post by vityav »

vitamin wrote:Remove 64-bit Wine. It causes all sort of issues.
I've uninstalled the version I installed via yum, and so long as compiling from source doesn't add the 64 bit version it should be gone (all libraries are gone, which is the only way I know of to check). Unfortunately I've done yet another completely clean install and am still getting the exact same error messages. Strangely this one has also appeared at the top:

Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
vitamin

Post by vitamin »

vityav wrote:Strangely this one has also appeared at the top:

Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
Must be something PS tries to load on x86-64 platform. How about other errors you were having?

BTW how are you working around the install bug 18070?
vityav

Post by vityav »

vitamin wrote:BTW how are you working around the install bug 18070?
Honestly I'm not sure why this works, but I use winetricks to install all the basics: msxml6 gdiplus gecko vcrun2005 ie6, then re-install ie6, then open the registry and tell it ie6 is only installed to version 1 and re-install once more, and then the photoshop installer works (a weird route, but I've done it 4 times now and it only works after I've done all of that every time). I'm not entirely sure what the symptoms are of the 18070 bug but I can complete an install in the same way described in the test results (i.e. lack of radio buttons) so I thought it wouldn't apply to me and haven't added any patches.
vityav

Post by vityav »

I've solved my problem, and I'm not sure which one of these steps completely solved it, but what I did was to attempt copying over my windows install straight over into wine, but this ended up with the exact same error messages, so finally I gave up on using all of the GLU32.dll files I could find on my computer and got one off of google, threw it into the main folder and everything works perfectly now.