Uninstallation of Programs

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
pdsmith

Post by pdsmith »

I am a noobie to wine. I have just install .59 version. My question is how do I go about uninstalling Games that do not work? I looked at the WIKI and it said something about uninstaller, but I am either dense or it isn't nobbie friendly. Is there something like add/remove like in Windows Control Panel? For instance, I have installed Icewind dale on 2 computers. One installation is good and plays great. The other one doesn't show on the wine program list and will not even attempt to load. I would like to do a complete uninstall of the non working game so I can do a fresh install to see if that will fix it.
austin987
Wine Developer
Wine Developer

Post by austin987 »

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 12:01 PM, pdsmith <[email protected]> wrote:
I am a noobie to wine. I have just install .59 version. My question is how do I go about uninstalling Games that do not work? I looked at the WIKI and it said something about uninstaller, but I am either dense or it isn't nobbie friendly. Is there something like add/remove like in Windows Control Panel? For instance, I have installed Icewind dale on 2 computers. One installation is good and plays great. The other one doesn't show on the wine program list and will not even attempt to load. I would like to do a complete uninstall of the non working game so I can do a fresh install to see if that will fix it.

$ wine uninstaller

Will launch the uninstaller, but it doesn't always work too well, and
it's not a high priority to fix. If you want to remove all programs
and settings, you can do
$ rm -rf ~/.wine

To start fresh. It will be recreated whenever you run any wine program.
pdsmith

Post by pdsmith »

Thanks austin987. that helped. I was trying to launch it from the .wine directory instead of my user directory.
pdsmith@pdsmith:~$ wine uninstaller

That was too easy. thanks again.