Windows scaling issue in FL Studio

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Winix

Windows scaling issue in FL Studio

Post by Winix »

Hello guys, this is my first post but I have questions and hope someone will care to help.

In FL Studio, the versions designed for Windows 8 / 10 / 11 implements "vectorial" scaling for the GUI settings. A lot of newer VST's won't capture text input, they also create visual trails when I drag some of them around and some of these same problematic VST's won't even show changes in knob tweaks or pretty much anything else unless I move the plugin around after the change or after I minimize it, or even drag to resize it, then I will see the refresh. Something is telling me there is a correlation there.

I've read the manual and I assume it has something to do with "Windows system scaling". I've adjusted the scaling and other mentioned settings in FL Studio as suggested but still nothing, so I'm assuming it's either my old hardware or it needs something that a running Windows OS system provides in a way to allow proper functionality with the GUI?

I'll spare most personal details about my old computer, but if it helps any I don't even think vulkan works for it. I'm not convinced that it's not my old hardware but I'm asking here to be sure. I've also spent a very long time before making this thread trying to change settings through winetricks, also in Lutris which is what I use for Windows apps but still haven't found any solution.

I'm building a new computer very soon so I guess one way or another I'll find out if it's just an issue with Linux. Ultimately I'm wondering if anyone with newer hardware uses FL Studio 20+ through Wine with similar issues? I tried virtual desktop as well, that didn't work. Am I missing something that I could do to fix this, it or is my computer just too old?