"inner frame" in setup program is complete white / blank

Questions about Wine on Linux
linuxnewbie

"inner frame" in setup program is complete white / blank

Post by linuxnewbie »

I have a problem with an installation routine whose "inner" program window simply remains white / blank (Buhl Software, Wiso mein Geld 2024). The "outer program frame" is displayed well and the usual functional windows features (buttons) are shown.

Basically the program seems to work. For example, expected inputs are queried and reported as missing, if I hit "outer frame" save/next button. I have tested the same routine in a windows hyperV-VM under the same Linux-lite version and same wine version a week ago, where the "inner program GUI" was "filled" with fields, hyperlinks etc.. Without knowing a lot about it, I would say that a "renderer" is missing and since I know some Windows programs from the "inside", I suspect an embedded ie11 or a web-browserframe component ist missing?! But I don't know enough about wine to understand which components might be missing here.

My learning curve is very steep right now, as I am new to the Linux world. So I would be grateful for any advice.

The behaviour occurs with this configuration:

Linux Lite 6.6 under Ubuntu 22.0.4 LTS (as a virtual machine) with wine 6.0.3, VGA compatible controller Red Hat, Inc. Virtio 1.0 GPU

I have tested also under Debian 12, with the same issues ("physical" machine). But I have uninstalles wine after this test, maybe it was an older version; Nvidia Quadropro 1000.

https://postimg.cc/dDzp4t0K