Catia V5 - Probably networking issues?

Questions about Wine on Linux
reliefmelone
Level 1
Level 1

Catia V5 - Probably networking issues?

Post by reliefmelone »

Hey,

I am fairly new to wine but one thing I wanted to get going is CatiaV5 in wine. I have come pretty far but there is one last step that's not working and that is pulling a license from the license server. So I have an address to a license server that I configure Catia to use. It's a simple text file that contains the address. When running Catia on windows everything works fine and the license gets pulled. However if I run Catia via wine I get a notification that the configuration does not hold a valid license. It does however seem to get a connection the license server because I can choose from the licenses available (which would not be possible without a valid connection) and have to restart Catia after choosing. However then I just get the popup again that the configuration does not hold a valid license.

I also contacted the administrator of the license server and I have been confirmed that on the license server side everything looks ok and that a license has been granted. So my conclusion is that it might have to do something with networking. I know this is a very specific topic but I was wondering if anybody had an idea on any specifics wine might have on the network side and if there are some steps I could take to try out.

If there is any additional info I could provide I'll gladly do so
desessarts
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Catia V5 - Probably networking issues?

Post by desessarts »

Hello

Catia is in appdb

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... n&iId=6153

but it is tested with old wine version, the most recent being wine 7.6

can you add a reproducer?
reliefmelone
Level 1
Level 1

Post by reliefmelone »

Yeah I looked at the appdb as well. Unfortunately I could not get it to work. Here's the info I have

Versions:
wine: 9.0
catia: V5-6R2017.B27

installed winetricks:
dotnet35
dotnet40
dotnet452
dotnet48
vcrun2003
vcrun2005
vcrun2008
vcrun2010
vcrun2012
vcrun2013
win7
corefonts
remove_mono internal

Steps to reproduce
- created a new win64 prefix
- installed winetricks listed above
- installed catiav5 (without issues)
- updated license server to use in drive_c/ProgramData/DassaultSystemes/Licenses/DSLicSrv.txt
- started Catia (with behaviour explained in the original post)

Anything else that would be beneficial to add?
reliefmelone
Level 1
Level 1

Post by reliefmelone »

I did notice one more thing after reinstalling again in the server logs. I am not sure that this is the root cause but it does sound alot like it's related to the LicenseServers not being managed correctly
CORBAServerInfra_post.exe failed
ERROR: Command "C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B27\win_b64\code\bin\putit.exe" -h <user-name> -R -shared CATIAServerManager "C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B27\win_b64\code\bin\GW0SRVMG.exe -env CATIA_P3.V5-6R2017.B27 -direnv \"C:\ProgramData\DassaultSystemes\CATEnv\" -timeOut 3600000" failed rc = 1
Cannot register CATIAServerManager
reliefmelone
Level 1
Level 1

Post by reliefmelone »

Sorry for the many replies. Unfortunately I cannot edit the original post to include all my findings. So what I did find is that the error in the previous post (I mistyped here. The error shows in the install log on the linux machine not in any server logs) points to CORBA which seems to be an application for inter process communication (maybe requested and locally cached licenses?). Unfortunately there is not really more information I could obtain but maybe that is useful hint for someone with more insight.
reliefmelone
Level 1
Level 1

Post by reliefmelone »

I found some more output when enabling more debugging output. This might be something?
0448:warn:wininet:netconn_verify_cert CERT_TRUST_IS_UNTRUSTED_ROOT
0448:warn:wininet:netconn_verify_cert failed 12045
0448:warn:wininet:netcon_secure_connect_setup cert verify failed: 12045
0448:warn:wininet:netcon_secure_connect_setup Failed to establish SSL connection: 00000000 (12045)
0448:warn:wininet:HTTP_HttpSendRequestW failed to upgrade to secure connection
0448:warn:wininet:netconn_verify_cert CERT_TRUST_IS_UNTRUSTED_ROOT
Is there something I can do? I installed winhttp as well as wininet with winetricks
reliefmelone
Level 1
Level 1

Post by reliefmelone »

I have added the certificate from the license server (which is obviously not signed by a global authority) to my machine. I don't think it is necessary as on windows that certificate is also not present. As expected that unfortunately did not have any impact. However one thing I did notice as well is that setting the env var DSY_DISABLE_WININET to false licenses cannot even be selected and are greyed out. If it's set to TRUE i can select them but its the behavior described above
desessarts
Level 3
Level 3

Post by desessarts »

maybe this recent thread will help

viewtopic.php?t=38779