flatpak-wine problem on new laptop

Questions about Wine on Linux
georgep

flatpak-wine problem on new laptop

Post by georgep »

Copied my install of Linux Mint 21.3 (latest) (which included wine 9.0 installed by flatpak) to a new laptop. After fixing grub and fstab, all works there except the two wine apps under flatpak. Other flatpak apps work fine.

I used the same commands to start them in both places, e.g., after cd-ing into the directory under ~/.win containing the executable:

flatpak run org.winehq.Wine i_view64.exe

but both apps result in a error like this:

flatpak run org.winehq.Wine i_view64.exe
0084:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified f
ile.
ShellExecuteEx failed: File not found.

I know to ignore the "fixme"s but the last error is a mystery.

I've been researching this for a couple of days now, but no good hints, except that a few mentions that copying as I've done shouldn't be a problem.

Since it's a copy, the only differences are the laptop and its drive. Also, if it matters, the original install was running an old Intel processor, the new one is a new AMD.

Any ideas?

BTW, the reason I'm using wine-flatpak instead of vanilla wine is that I can share the wine apps between distros.
georgep

Re: flatpak-wine problem on new laptop SOLVED

Post by georgep »

OK, since no replies here, I just went ahead and re-installed flatpak-wine 9.0 and that worked.

I posted here thinking that there was an easy fix, that I'd learn of some "thing" I should have done along with the copy, and that the mystery would be solved. As it stands, I've no clue why the reinstall did work, but I'm pleased that it did.

P.S. Sorry about the ~/.win typo in my original post. I was really talking about ~/.wine.