How might I get openCL acceleration working with Helicon Focus?

Questions about Wine on Linux
ikeyy

How might I get openCL acceleration working with Helicon Focus?

Post by ikeyy »

I'm using Wine 9.0 on Ubuntu as an upgrade from the 6.0 included by default, with the hopes that upgrading wine would enable OpenCL acceleration in Helicon Focus ( https://www.heliconsoft.com/software-downloads/ ). Unfortunately, the program doesn't show OpenCL acceleration in the drop down box despite having an RTX GPU installed and the appropriate drivers (I believe? nvidia-535) loaded in linux. clinfo returns version 3.0

I tried: WINEDEBUG=+opencl, I tried overrides for the opencl library as native or built in, and I tried different versions of windows in the winecfg. When I google, it's a bit hard to parse out exactly what I might attempt to see if I can get opencl working with Helicon and Wine.

What tree should I bark up to try exploring or debugging why openCL isn't being enabled when the program is run, or the program isn't recognizing it and not allowing me to select it? I see that native linux apps like darktable seem to be taking advantage of the hardware acceleration.
KenSharp
Level 4
Level 4

Re: How might I get openCL acceleration working with Helicon Focus?

Post by KenSharp »

ikeyy wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:24 pm I tried overrides for the opencl library as native or built in
Which OpenCL library are you referring to?