How do I make wine desktop shell automatically fullscreen and prevent it from automatically closing by itself

Questions about Wine on Linux
SuperVictor64
Level 2
Level 2

How do I make wine desktop shell automatically fullscreen and prevent it from automatically closing by itself

Post by SuperVictor64 »

This might sound like a dumb or confusing question but

I would like to know if there's a way to make wine shell desktop automatically fit my screen display resolution by itself in fullscreen without typing in wine explorer /desktop=shell,(type screen resolution here) and without going to wine configuration and I want to prevent wine shell desktop from automatically closing by itself after all applications are all closed.

Is this possible to do it or do I have to do this by wine source?
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How do I make wine desktop shell automatically fullscreen and prevent it from automatically closing by itself

Post by spoon0042 »

i'm not sure about the first part, but i think it's come up before that the wine desktop closes automatically when all programs in it have closed. it's inconvenient but i think opening notepad or something and minimizing it should be a workaround (before you go looking further and modifying the source or anything, heh).
SuperVictor64
Level 2
Level 2

Re: How do I make wine desktop shell automatically fullscreen and prevent it from automatically closing by itself

Post by SuperVictor64 »

spoon0042 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:47 pm i'm not sure about the first part, but i think it's come up before that the wine desktop closes automatically when all programs in it have closed. it's inconvenient but i think opening notepad or something and minimizing it should be a workaround (before you go looking further and modifying the source or anything, heh).
Well I tried gdi.exe and it helped me prevent wine virtual desktop to not close on wine 9.0 but however when I tried to exit wine shell desktop by going to start > exit desktop, wine shell desktop doesn't exit by itself, it doesn't let me exit wine shell desktop

I wish if there's a feature or command part for wine desktop that wine shell desktop doesn't automatically close by itself after all programs are all closed and I can exit desktop easily without being stuck in wine shell desktop and I wish if there's an other feature or command part for wine desktop that wine can automatically fit in my screen resolution in fullscreen by itself regardless of type of screen resolution that I'm using.