Wine detecting network shares

Questions about Wine on Linux
zeropoint46

Wine detecting network shares

Post by zeropoint46 »

I have wine running in a docker container, however, this happens even when just running wine as a local process. When I map a drive in wine to a folder that is a mounted NFS directory on my local linux host, wine detects it as a network share. I have used winecfg to configure it as a "local drive" mapped to a drive letter. This drive is not in anyway mounted using wine i.e. using cifs or map network drive or using nfs for windows. This is just a mapped folder into the wine folders on the host side. Is there any way to force wine to see this as a local drive? I just want to understand what is going on and how wine is detecting it as a network share. Thanks.
spoon0042
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Wine detecting network shares

Post by spoon0042 »

it seems that wine overrides that setting for actual drives mounted by the operating system, and i'm not aware of a way to prevent this (short of modifying dlls/kernelbase/volume.c and building wine locally, perhaps)

though it should i think be possible to work around by making a drive in winecfg on the local filesystem and making a link to the remote mount instead