Wine Integration with Virtualization such LXD

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
picopress

Wine Integration with Virtualization such LXD

Post by picopress »

I really want to tell the development design of Wine project.

I feel Wine is a great project that serves the layer on Unix-based OS to run a Windows PE binary and it usually works but there are some problems.

First, Wine doesn't support the Filesystem management. it means programs run by Wine can't access the features about Filesystem, partitioning, and also NTFS exclusive functions.
Just a plain Unix/Linux Filesystem (e.g. ext4, btrfs) directory never proves the verity of which Windows programs work properly since its developers intend to work on Windows only.

Second, Wine unsupports controlling Low-Level system resources. I say the most programs that are not to be run or work abnormally on Wine have been troubling because of that.
In other words, Wine should accept a Virtualization Technology to serve isolated system resources and to show united full environment.

Lastly, Wine reports pretty many debug messages not only for debugging but also for general purpose using, then it makes some overheads with needless exception handle. In Wine source code, however, it is not modularized to use for any purpose; May consider a code refactoring.

I would like to reflect this request to major Wine contributors.