Build issues with 8.2 and 9.04 Rocky Linux

Questions about Wine on Linux
scldad

Build issues with 8.2 and 9.04 Rocky Linux

Post by scldad »

I am trying to build wine 8.2 under Rocky 9.3 as root but get several (familiar looking) errors.
Command is ./configure --enable-win64

config.status: executing Makefile commands
makedep: error: open amstream.idl : Operation not permitted
config.status: error: could not create Makefile

amstream.idl is installed.

From configure.log:
configure:14612: gcc -m64 -o conftest -g -O2 conftest.c -lICE >&5
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/11/../../../libICE.so when searching for -lICE
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libICE.so when searching for -lICE
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libICE.so when searching for -lICE
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lICE
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/11/../../../libICE.so when searching for -lICE
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /lib/libICE.so when searching for -lICE
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libICE.so when searching for -lICE
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

What version of libICE is it looking for?

Happy New Year
scldad

Re: Build issues with 8.2 and 9.04 Rocky Linux

Post by scldad »

Trying again now with Wine 9.0.
The libICE issue has gone but the amstream.idl error is still there.
I also get the Operation not permitted if I try to run winetools as myself but it works as root.
Permissions????
howtoreader

Re: Build issues with 8.2 and 9.04 Rocky Linux

Post by howtoreader »

What are the permissions of the paths in question, and which flags do the mounts use? That could cause issues if /home is mounted as "noexec" for example, if you're trying to execute paths there.

Check the mount flags with "mount -l" and change fstab config or use a different partition for your builds if needed. Path and file permissions could be checked with "stat" or "ls -l".

Check the system audit log if you are making use of SELinux, to make sure policies or contexts aren't causing the denials. SELinux contexts for paths and files can also be found in "stat" or "ls -lZ".

Do you have Fapolicyd installed? Fapolicyd can cause "Operation not permitted" errors depending on its config (which also tend to not appear in the audit log), even for tasks as innocuous as a user opening a script with a text editor. Root may be exempt from some of its restrictions.

If you build Wine as a user account (rather than root) I wonder if you'd get the same winetools error.