I receive an error message "cannot find function NtdllDefWindowProc_W in library ntdll.dll" while playing an old game.

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
MushroomDad

I receive an error message "cannot find function NtdllDefWindowProc_W in library ntdll.dll" while playing an old game.

Post by MushroomDad »

The game is a private server for Dungeon & Fighter. When executing "wine login.exe," a login window should appear correctly. However, when trying to log in, a popup appears with the message "cannot find function NtdllDefWindowProc_W in library ntdll.dll," and in the terminal, it shows "wine: Read access denied for device L"??\Z:", FS volume label and serial are not available." What should I do?
Below is the list of software in Wine.
Using winetricks 20230212 - sha256sum: 524c3cd602ef222da3dc644a0a741edd8bca6dfb72ba3c63998a76b82f9e77b2 with wine-8.21 (Staging) and WINEARCH=win32
wsh57
d3dx9
quartz
devenum
wmp10
gdiplus
w_workaround_wine_bug-34803
remove_mono
winxp
dotnet40
ffdshow
sourcehansans
fakechinese
fakejapanese
fakekorean
unifont
cjkfonts
mdac28
atmlib
andale
arial
comicsans
courier
georgia
impact
times
trebuchet
verdana
webdings
corefonts
w_workaround_wine_bug-26925
msxml3
msxml6
vcrun2008
vcrun2010
vcrun2012
fontsmooth=rgb
qwertymnb
Level 4
Level 4

Re: I receive an error message "cannot find function NtdllDefWindowProc_W in library ntdll.dll" while playing an old gam

Post by qwertymnb »

If you know how to compile wine, you could try the stupid hack from here:
https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi? ... format=raw

I was able to get another simple app running with it, but no guarantee it's enough to get your program going.
But "never shot, always missed"