No Fedora 39 wine-stable ?

Questions about Wine on Linux
ibdave
Level 1
Level 1

No Fedora 39 wine-stable ?

Post by ibdave »

I recently had to convert from linux Mint to Fedora 39 to install a custom kernel in order to get my sound to work (long story short: Acer Chromebook, mrchromebox custom firmware, booting/running from MicroSDcard).

Trying to bring the 3 applications I used to run in wine on Mint, so started by trying to install wine for Fedora according to the download page. It came back and said the wine-stable wasn't found. I didn't try wine-devel but did install wine-staging. I still don't understand the difference on those 2 but I thought staging was "cleaner" than devel.

At any rate, any ideas why it failed to install wine-stable?

Code: Select all

me@localhost:~$ sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/fedora/39/winehq.repo
[sudo] password for me: 
Adding repo from: https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/fedora/39/winehq.repo
me@localhost:~$ sudo dnf install winehq-stable
WineHQ packages                                  18 kB/s | 3.0 kB     00:00    
No match for argument: winehq-stable
Error: Unable to find a match: winehq-stable
me@localhost:~$ 
dimesio

Re: No Fedora 39 wine-stable ?

Post by dimesio »

There is no stable package for Fedora 39 yet because Fedora 39 was not yet released at the time the last stable Wine package was built. There will be one when Wine 9.0 comes out.
I still don't understand the difference on those 2 but I thought staging was "cleaner" than devel.
Staging contains experimental patches that are not yet ready for the development branch.
ibdave
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ibdave »

Ok, thank you!
Artisto

Post by Artisto »

Hello all! I am on Fedora 39! I have been having a very difficult time trying to install wine! Then I came across this post. I can't find my previous post from earlier today. I was excited to see if someone posted back. But now I can't find what I posted. Anyway, is this still true? No Wine for Fedora? 39?