Syberia 4 - The World Before: partial black screen

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Wolfgang.Klein
Level 2
Level 2

Syberia 4 - The World Before: partial black screen

Post by Wolfgang.Klein »

Hello,

I need some help with this game.

The problem: the starts starts, the companies' logos are showing, but after that half of the screen stays black. See attached screen shots, please.

I can randomly click into the darkness, the games reacts to it, meaning: the player's character moves around, and she can even talk to passing NPC when I manage to hit them. When I switch to her inventory or her diary, the screen is completely usable, but as soon as I switch back to the game, it's "Hallo Darkness, my old friend!"

I tried every option the game offers and I also tried different options that Wine / Playonlinux provides. I also tried different video cards, but neither made the screen usable. I also tried different emulated Windows-Versions and I tried installing native DX11.

My system:

- Linux, based on Ubuntu 22.04 LTE,
- Kernel 6.1.69
- GPU: Radeon 550, 2GB memory, kernel module "amdgpu"
- Wine from WineHQ: version 9.0rc3 / 64 (After trying all prio versions as well!)
- The game has been installed with the help of Playonlinux

I think all it takes is the right combination of Wine parameters, but I am out of ideas. Any help is appreciated. Many thanks in advance!
Attachments
twb1.jpg
twb2.jpg
twb3.jpg