Wine error when accessing ChromeOS

Questions about Wine on Linux
RafaelTreutel

Wine error when accessing ChromeOS

Post by RafaelTreutel »

I have three Chromebooks that I utilize as Linux laptops through the built-in virtual machine. Among these, there is one particular Windows program that I need to run, requiring the use of Wine. Interestingly, on two of the Chromebooks (one with an Intel processor and the other with an AMD processor), Wine installs smoothly within the Linux virtual machine, allowing me to run the Windows program without any issues. However, on the third Chromebook, which also has an Intel processor, I encounter a problem. While Wine installs successfully, attempting to run the Windows program results in a lengthy error message indicating a "serious problem" and prevents the program from running. It's worth noting that all three Chromebooks are running the same version of ChromeOS and have the same version of Wine installed.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or insights into why the third Chromebook is experiencing this problem, while the other two are able to run the Windows program flawlessly. Thank you in advance for your help.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Wine error when accessing ChromeOS

Post by jkfloris »

results in a lengthy error message indicating a "serious problem" and prevents the program from running
Without the (full) terminal output, it is hard to guess what is going wrong.

Could it be that the Chromebook's processor is an ARM instead of an AMD64?