SafeInCloud Password Manager not starting after successful installation

Questions about Wine on Linux
mylimo

SafeInCloud Password Manager not starting after successful installation

Post by mylimo »

Hi everyone,

the SafeInCloud Password Manager recently came out with a new version and after updating it won't start anymore. SafeInCloud requires .NET Version 4.6.2. I had the previous Version running successfully with winetricks and dotnet462. I've installed the new software version into a fresh wineprefix in the same way as the old one. SafeInCloud comes as an .msi installer. The installer runs through without any exceptions but SafeInCloud won't start after installation. It also installed fine with the default wine mono but crashes on startup with the same exception:

Code: Select all

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'Windows, Version=255.255.255.255, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
I've attached the full log without the winetricks dotnet installation and just the default wine mono below. Hope that's works as I don't really want to go through the whole dotnet installation process a fourth time, but will so if necessary :?

System Info:
Wine Version: wine-8.0.2
Log: https://gist.github.com/Mylimo/3c629a3d ... d182f6b310

Thanks for any help in advance and I'll gladly provide more information.
davgro

Re: SafeInCloud Password Manager not starting after successful installation

Post by davgro »

Hi there,

same here on Fedora 39, after updating Safe in Cloud to the new version it no longer starts.

Wine version: 8.19
dotnet 4.6.2
davgro

Post by davgro »

Backtrace:
=>0 0x7b662387 RaiseException+0x42(code=<is not available>, flags=<is not available>, count=<is not available>, args=<is not available>) [/builddir/build/BUILD/wine-8.19/dlls/kernelbase/debug.c:394] in kernelbase (0x00a4f238)

0x7b662387 RaiseException+0x42 [/builddir/build/BUILD/wine-8.19/dlls/kernelbase/debug.c:394] in kernelbase: mov -0x04(%ebp), %ebx
Unable to access file '/builddir/build/BUILD/wine-8.19/dlls/kernelbase/debug.c'
mylimo

Post by mylimo »

I've installed the previous version of SafeInCloud for now. I found the necessary installer in the Internet Archive: https://web.archive.org/web/20230208200 ... 9-Download

I still hope that there will be a solution for the issues with the current version.