Tiny text in "Wine Configuration"

Questions about Wine on Linux
MarjaE

Tiny text in "Wine Configuration"

Post by MarjaE »

Hi,

I am trying to set up Wine Configuration so I'll be able to run nanDeck.

I have visual issues. Among other things, I need light mode, larger text, and bolder text, and I need to avoid bright screens, flashing, blinking cursors, and certain animation. I get halos around bright lights and have a lot more trouble reading in dark mode. I use a low-brightness 1080p monitor. I use accessibility and font settings to improve readability in Linux, and again in Firefox. I will need similar settings in Wine.

The Wine Configuration window in Wine 8.19 has tiny text by default. It's painfully hard to try to read anything in it. I found the dpi settings by trial and error, and quit and reopened, and was able to read afterwards. The screen is about 90 dpi, but because Wine Configuration defaults to 10 point Tacoma instead of a readable 20 pt font, I have to select at least 192 and preferably 216 dpi to get readable text. I think the Configuration should either use a larger font or default to half the detected dpi.

Aside from that, what can I do to increase font size and/or scaling in apps using Wine, avoid blinking cursors in Wine Configuration and apps using Wine, and preferably use bolder fonts and/or font rendering in Wine Configuration and apps using Wine?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Tiny text in "Wine Configuration"

Post by jkfloris »

Is the text easier to read if you make the following change in the registry?

Code: Select all

wine reg add 'HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop' /v "LogPixels" /t reg_dword /d 216