Anyone install the latest LTspice yet?

Questions about Wine on macOS.
fluxinduct

Anyone install the latest LTspice yet?

Post by fluxinduct »

I am using wine64. LTspice installs successfully using "wine msiexec /I LTspice64.msi" and runs after initial install but I can't see where it installed to run it again. It's not in ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files where I would expect it. Does anyone know how I can open the software or where wine installed it?
Stormglass

Re: Anyone install the latest LTspice yet?

Post by Stormglass »

Yes. LTspice24 installs its executable at ~/.wine/drive_c/users/<your user name>/AppData/Local/Programs/ADI/LTspice/LTspice.exe if you install just for your user account. If you install it for anyone I would assume it is installed at ~/.wine/drive_c/users/Public/AppData/Local/Programs/ADI/LTspice/LTspice.exe
Stormglass

Re: Anyone install the latest LTspice yet?

Post by Stormglass »

Oh, sorry, I just noticed the date you asked this question. You were asking about installing LTspice 17.1.15 (or a previous version in the LTspice 17.1.x series). I thought you were asking about the new pre-release version of LTspice24 announced a few days ago. I have just installed LTspice24 under Wine 9. So far it seems to work correctly.

The current release of LTspice 17.1.x is installed at "c:\Program Files\ADI\LTspice\LTspice.exe". It works under both Wine 8 and Wine 9.