I want a user.reg file for wine that launches wine in shell desktop without it enabling virtual desktop in winecfg

Questions about Wine on Linux
SuperVictor64
Level 2
Level 2

I want a user.reg file for wine that launches wine in shell desktop without it enabling virtual desktop in winecfg

Post by SuperVictor64 »

So I requested someone to make a user.reg for me in winehq forums on April and they gave me the code for the user.reg file for wine which is like this:

Code: Select all

WINE REGISTRY Version 2

[Software\\Wine\\Explorer]
"Desktop"="shell"

[Software\\Wine\\Explorer\\Desktops]
"shell"="1024x786"
I copied and pasted the code in text editor, save it and name it to user.reg. Once I saved it as user.reg file, I typed this in terminal to create the /.wine directory

Code: Select all

mkdir ~/.wine

I went to home/username/.wine and drag the user.reg file to the empty .wine folder

Once I dragged the user.reg file I made to home/username/.wine, I went to terminal and typed in winecfg. Wine is launched in shell desktop mode, after the wine confguration has been updated. I went to wine configuration and went to the graphics section and I see that "Emulate a virtual desktop" is enabled for me by the user.reg file but if I uncheck it, apply, close out wine configration and open wine again by typing in winecfg, wine goes back normally and virtual desktop shell is gone. But if I enable "Emulate a virtual desktop" again in wine configuration, its the same but without the wine taskbar.

I was wondering if someone could make me a user.reg file that launches wine in virtual desktop mode or shell desktop without wine enabling "Emulate a virtual desktop" in wine configuration by itself, I'm not sure if that's possible or do I have to do it in wine's source code?
Attachments
bandicam 2023-12-07 14-20-01-552.jpg
madewokherd
Level 4
Level 4

Re: I want a user.reg file for wine that launches wine in shell desktop without it enabling virtual desktop in winecfg

Post by madewokherd »

Not really, that "Desktop"="shell" setting is how the "Emulate a virtual desktop" checkbox works, and as you can see the real setting in the registry is a string, not a boolean.

I guess someone could add another setting to winecfg for the taskbar.