MYOB6 Reports Display is blank in Wine 8.0.2 works fine in Wine 5.0.3

Questions about Wine on Linux
Clarencesmithson

MYOB6 Reports Display is blank in Wine 8.0.2 works fine in Wine 5.0.3

Post by Clarencesmithson »

I am a longtime user of MYOB and can still use my old purchased MYOB6 software either on Windows or on Wine in Ubuntu or Debian. I have used MYOB6 successfully on both 32 bit and 64 bit Ubuntu including Ubuntu 20.04 64 bit where the Wine version is 5.0.3. MYOB6 also works perfectly on Debian 11 32 bit where the Wine version is still 5.0.3. I have now run into a problem as I am experimenting with Debian 11 and 12 (bookworm) 64 bit where it appears that only Wine 8.0.2 can be installed. Here MYOB6 can still be successfully installed and runs fine in all aspects with only one exception. When you display a report on screen, only the first line which is the report title can be seen and the rest of the display is blank. It is as if the characters are there but they cannot be seen, because if you hover over the blank areas, account views get opened obviously when you hover across an area that contains an account number field in the report. Also, when yo use the "send to pdf" function from this blank report, the pdf file that is created is perfect, with the full report as you formatted it. Thus, the issue is only in being unable to View the report on screen. I have tried to fix this issue by updating the .Net frameworks installed in Wine as I read somewhere that that can be the problem, however that did not fix the issue. A solution to this problem, which is occurring in the combination of Debian 11 or 12 64 Bit and Wine 8.0.2, will be appreciated as strategically I would like to use Debian rather than Ubuntu and currently on 64 bit Debian I can only install Wine 8.0.2 where this problem occurs.
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: MYOB6 Reports Display is blank in Wine 8.0.2 works fine in Wine 5.0.3

Post by jkfloris »

You may be able to figure out what's going wrong.
Try running the program in a terminal. Does Wine return errors when it displays the blank page?

You can also check the last version where the program worked correctly.
If you are using the WineHQ repository, you can install older versions of Wine.
To get a list, use:

Code: Select all

apt policy winehq-{devel,stable}
And install the version with:

Code: Select all

sudo apt install winehq-<branch>=<version>
# For example:
sudo apt install winehq-devel=6.16~bullseye-1