Installing Steinberg Activation Manager doesn't add mime types

Questions about Wine on Linux
DarkShadow44
Level 8
Level 8

Installing Steinberg Activation Manager doesn't add mime types

Post by DarkShadow44 »

I came across this while investigating bug 55789.
I'm on Arch Linux with wine-8.19, using KDE and google-chrome-stable.

When installing Steinberg Activation Manager from https://steinberg.net/sam-win (need to install the msi, the exe is broken), the program installs some mime types.
For some reason, this doesn't work properly for me.

When running ".wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steinberg/Activation Manager/SteinbergActivationManager.exe" you can click "Sign in". This opens a browser windows, and after login it uses a mime type to notify the application.
But running google-chrome in the Terminal I get

Code: Select all

kf.service.services: KApplicationTrader: mimeType "x-scheme-handler/net-steinberg-activation-manager" not found
The mimetype is installed in the WINPREFIX though, in system.reg I have

Code: Select all

[Software\\Classes\\net-steinberg-activation-manager] 1698874716
#time=1da0d0bc540b0f0
@="URL:net-steinberg-activation-manager"
"URL Protocol"=""

[Software\\Classes\\net-steinberg-activation-manager\\shell\\open\\command] 1698874716
#time=1da0d0bc540b7b2
@="\"C:\\Program Files\\Steinberg\\Activation Manager\\SteinbergActivationManager.exe\" --redirect \"%1\""
To be clear, I don't exactly now how KDE handles mime types in the first place, I only now it doesn't work. Not sure where it would install them.

According to the bug report, it works for another user, so maybe my setup is simply broken. An idea what is wrong?
And also, can you reproduce the issue or do the mimetypes get properly installed for you?

Thanks in advance,
DarkShadow44