Using second GPU via discrete graphics crashes with "Unhandled page fault on execute access"

Questions about Wine on Linux
zamazingo

Using second GPU via discrete graphics crashes with "Unhandled page fault on execute access"

Post by zamazingo »

Hi, I'm running Manjaro with 6.6.0-1-MANJARO kernel, with Radeon RX560 and Quadro P1000 (with proprietary video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-prime driver, can't find the version for AMD, but for Nvidia it's 535.113.01).
Recently RX560 started malfunctioning under duress, so I wanted to utilize Quadro P1000 as my main GPU for resource intensive games, and while it works perfect with prime-running native Linux applications, Wine is much more problematic, throwing out errors like:
"wine: Unhandled page fault on execute access to 00007F44ACFA0B70 at address 00007F44ACFA0B70 (thread 00c8), starting debugger..."

This has happened both under Lutris and Heroic Launcher, but the common thread under both was the unhandled page error in Wine, therefore I'm writing about it here.

I would appreciate some tips on how to debug this further, so far nothing I've found on the internet helped much.