High CPU Usage Issue with MetaTrader 4 on Wine - Seeking Solutions

Questions about Wine on Linux
kkong

High CPU Usage Issue with MetaTrader 4 on Wine - Seeking Solutions

Post by kkong »

Hello Forum Members,

I'm currently facing a perplexing issue and I'm in search of both answers and potential solutions. I have the MetaTrader 4 application running on my Windows machine, which is equipped with a 4-core CPU. This setup includes a custom expert advisor that operates on all charts (currently 22) simultaneously. On my Windows machine, the CPU utilization never exceeds 20%.

However, when I try to run the same setup on the latest Wine environment, something strange occurs. Wine generates 23-24 tasks to process all the charts, causing the CPU to run at full capacity, with a load average of 22-23. It's important to note that MetaTrader 4 doesn't hang in this scenario, but the high CPU load is a noticeable contrast to the Windows experience.

While I comprehend that the expert advisor is concurrently managing all the charts, I'm determined to find a plausible explanation or solution for Wine's behaviour in creating so many tasks. Any assistance or insights you can provide would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your support!