AudioGridder

Questions about Wine on macOS.
will30uk

AudioGridder

Post by will30uk »

Is there a reason why an exe , let’s call it program.exe behaves differently when launched indirectly as opposed to directly?

To clarify my terminology , by direct I mean eg wine64 program.exe and by indirect I mean wine64 cmd ( then type program.exe into this session).

I find recently in two separate instances that there is a difference. If I launch my program directly it either crashes or behaves irrationally. However i launch it indirectly it behaves as I want it to .

To give some context to my question
  • I am using wine on Mac OS X Ventura 13.4
  • I am using wine 8.1.3 ( though this behaviour seems common to other versions
  • the programs I am using are Audiogridder and East West Play 6
Problem behaviour when loading directly:
  • audiogridder server loads but when I trigger it to load a VST from the client computer , the VST software is stuck in a loop of loading the sample library
  • east west play 6 - from what I recall the problem behaviour it crashes when attempting to select wineasio as the interface
The workaround I’m doing at moment is the indirect approach eg via cmd.exe , a batch file to launch the exe within cmd session , but I’d rather having it working directly have installed audiogridder inside a wine prefix.