Specific plugins crashing on FL Studio 21

Questions about Wine on Linux
akvvma420

Specific plugins crashing on FL Studio 21

Post by akvvma420 »

I do a lot of audio and music production stuff and just prefer using Linux because Windows drives me insane. I work in systems and am not really a programmer but I kinda know my way around this so I'll try to explain the issue as best as I can.

FL Studio works like a wonder under Wine and bridges VST plugins from Windows automatically which skips the middleman other Linux-native DAWs would need for that. Might not be the most optimate setup but works great for what I do. Most plugins and mainly the ones you'd use run just fine but some straight up just crash the program and require a hard restart. For those that don't work I'd usually look for a replacement but I'm trying to use a specific one for and old project and need to get that one working.

My Wine prefix is set with different directories set to drives in the config (D: is my home directory, E: is an external hard drive, so on). That external drive is an NTFS partition from an old drive and has some data on it plugins use, and although I've read it could lead to it, so far it hasn't caused any issues.

Running FL Studio through terminal to get more info everything seems to load fine, but once I load the plugin it returns this and hangs:

Code: Select all

wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\F:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\G:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\H:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
I've found similar issues online with the same error, but the thing is that despite having multiple drives on Wine, some of the ones that show up on the error don't even exist on my configuration

I'm confused as to what to do beyond this point and can't find much else online. I'll be happy to provide any other information needed in advance. FL Studio version is 21.0.3-3517, plugin I'm trying to use is reFX Nexus 2, Wine version is 8.13 and I'm running Arch Linux. Thanks in advance.