Run-Time Error 7 & Memory Access Violation

Questions about Wine on Linux
amitsharma

Run-Time Error 7 & Memory Access Violation

Post by amitsharma »

I am writing this to seek assistance regarding an issue I encountered while installing and running "Busy Accounting Software" using Wine. Despite my previous unsuccessful attempts, I was eventually able to install the software. However, I am currently facing an ongoing problem when attempting to execute the application. It consistently displays a "Runtime 7 Error and Memory Access Violation" error.
Any assistance or troubleshooting steps you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Here is a link that shows what an error looks like:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WHAgaf ... drive_link
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Run-Time Error 7 & Memory Access Violation

Post by jkfloris »

I'm trying to mimic the error, but I'm not getting as far as you are.
The program seems to install normally when the Windows version is set to XP or lower,
but when I run the program I get:

Code: Select all

Run-time error '-2147221166 (80040152)':
What steps did you do to install the program?
amitsharma

Re: Run-Time Error 7 & Memory Access Violation

Post by amitsharma »

Since MDAC had previously only been compatible with 32-bit installations, I first enabled MDAC in the wow64 prefix (by making some manual adjustments in the syswow64 subdirectory). After completing this step, MDAC has been successfully installed in the WOW64 environment. BUSY Accounting Software has also been successfully installed as a result of MDAC's installation and when I executed the file (Busy21.exe) after the installation, it threw the error "Run-Time Error 7 & Memory Access Violation"
Here is the link :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WHAgaf ... drive_link
and as you mentioned Because XP and lower Windows versions are 32bit, the programme seems to install smoothly when such versions of Windows are selected.
Last edited by amitsharma on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.