Donation suggestions 2

Post issues, bugs, and feature requests about the various WineHQ websites to this forum.
kjSR3yyK
Level 1
Level 1

Donation suggestions 2

Post by kjSR3yyK »

Hi all,

Creating this topic because old one has been locked (viewtopic.php?t=35770).

Over a year ago, I asked for NORMAL donation methods, like Bitcoin or card. Not happy with the current ones (sending cash in post to New York :lol: ) or buying clothes at third party website, lol.

Before you remind me of SFC - Sorry I don't want to donate to Wine payment processor (Software Freedom Conservancy), because they look the same as FSF (who care and maintain GNU software), that would be more of the same (but worse) in my view. So, I want to donate to WINE, no one else.
But since November 2021, NOTHING has happened. Simply pasting Bitcoin address would be enough, and putting few trusted core devs to hold the keys, no? But NOTHING has been done. I guess Wine is totally fine and doesn't need anyone's financial help?
dimesio

Re: Donation suggestions 2

Post by dimesio »

The Wine project has a signed fiscal sponsorship agreement with Software Freedom Conservancy. All donations are handled by the fiscal sponsor, and attempting to bypass that would be a violation of the agreement. Conservancy does not at present accept cryptocurrency.
kjSR3yyK
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Donation suggestions 2

Post by kjSR3yyK »

dimesio wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:03 pm The Wine project has a signed fiscal sponsorship agreement with Software Freedom Conservancy. All donations are handled by the fiscal sponsor, and attempting to bypass that would be a violation of the agreement. Conservancy does not at present accept cryptocurrency.
Thanks for your reply. I will consider paying via card to SFC (not happy with PayPal processing this payment), or wait for Wine/SFC to accept Bitcoin.