Wine is not working at all !

Questions about Wine on Linux
Mando973

Wine is not working at all !

Post by Mando973 »

Hi everyone,

Since a few times, Wine is not working on my computer (I use Garuda, based on Arch) and I got the same error each time I try to use it :

Code: Select all

wine npp.8.4.7.Installer.x64.exe
007c:fixme:hid:handle_IRP_MN_QUERY_ID Unhandled type 00000005
003c:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
003c:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"PlugPlay" failed to start: 1053
00b4:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
00b4:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow L"The explorer process failed to start."
002c:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
002c:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow L"The explorer process failed to start."
00dc:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
00dc:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow L"The explorer process failed to start."
00dc:err:setupapi:SetupDefaultQueueCallbackW copy error 1812 L"@C:\\windows\\system32\\drivers\\wineusb.sys,-1" -> L"C:\\windows\\inf\\wineusb.inf"
0024:err:environ:run_wineboot boot event wait timed out
0138:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
0138:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow L"The explorer process failed to start."
0024:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
0024:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow L"The explorer process failed to start."
Processus arrêté
0150:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to write pipe!
wine: configuration in L"/home/mando/.wine" has been updated.
I tried to use the

wine uninstaller
command in order to reset Wine and install it again but I also got this error
Can someone help me to fix this problem ?
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Wine is not working at all !

Post by jkfloris »

Which graphics card(s) do you have? Make sure you have installed both the 32 and 64-bit drivers of the card(s).
If you have an Intel - NVidia combination, run Wine on the NVidia card.

For example:

export __NV_PRIME_RENDER_OFFLOAD=1
export __GLX_VENDOR_LIBRARY_NAME=nvidia
export __VK_LAYER_NV_optimus=NVIDIA_only
export VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/usr/share/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia_icd.json
wine winecfg
BTW. The wine uninstaller command is used to uninstall programs installed in Wine. To "reset" Wine itself, delete the hidden .wine folder in your home directory.
Mando973

Post by Mando973 »

I have an AMD RADEON graphics card and I don't think it's a problem with the drivers because Wine worked perfectly before this error and I don't remenber having uninstalled drivers.
For the wine uninstaller command, I used to misunderstand another post, sorry! But I also tried to delete the .wine folder with no results at all, I always got the same error
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

I don't know Garuda Linux. Does this distribution use the Arch Linux packages for Wine?
If so, does wine-staging have the same problem?
Mando973

Post by Mando973 »

Yes Garuda use the same packages as Arch Linux, I also tried wine-staging but got the same error, I tried to use Wine with sudo in case it was a permissions problem but it didn't change anything
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by jkfloris »

I have no idea yet what is going wrong. Users who also encounter this issue all have a dual GPU in their system. Maybe you can find what has changed on your system. What packages have been upgraded?
Mando973

Post by Mando973 »

The problem is that I got this error for the first time several months ago and as I didn't know how to solve it I left it aside so it's impossible for me to know which changes on my system leads to this error because it was to long ago, I think I will just reinstall my OS (I wanted to do it since a while but didn't find the courage) and see if it works again !
I will keep you posted !