Issue compiling WineHQ 7 for Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy

Questions about Wine on Linux
Saturnin51

Issue compiling WineHQ 7 for Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy

Post by Saturnin51 »

Hello,
I try to install Winehq in order to use some Windows softwares that ran in prévious version. I follow the tutorial on the site. Installing wine64 was fine, but with the wine32 I have two issues.
First, after the ./compile:

Code: Select all

checking for ft2build.h... yes
checking for -lfreetype... not found
configure: error: FreeType 32-bit development files not found. Fonts will not be built.
Use the --without-freetype option if you really want this.
robert@robert-M11AD:~/Téléchargements/Winehq/wine-stable-stable/wine32
So I compile with option --without-freetype, because installing Freetype was too complex for me.

Second after the make:

Code: Select all

../wine64/tools/winegcc/winegcc -o programs/arp/arp.exe.so --wine-objdir . --winebuild \
  ../wine64/tools/winebuild/winebuild -m32 -fno-PIC -Wl,-z,notext -fasynchronous-unwind-tables \
  -mconsole -municode -mno-cygwin programs/arp/main.o dlls/winecrt0/libwinecrt0.a \
  dlls/ucrtbase/libucrtbase.a dlls/kernel32/libkernel32.a dlls/ntdll/libntdll.a 
/usr/bin/ld : l'édition de liens relocalisables avec une relocalisation du format elf64-x86-64 (programs/arp/main.o) vers le format elf32-i386 (arp.exe-6351c2cb.spec-29f54864.o) n'est pas prise en charge
winebuild: /usr/bin/ld failed with status 1
winegcc: ../wine64/tools/winebuild/winebuild failed
make: *** [Makefile:195631 : programs/arp/arp.exe.so] Erreur 2
robert@robert-M11AD:~/Téléchargements/Winehq/wine-stable-stable/wine32$
I would be happy to solve these issues and use Wine with 32 and 64 bits softwares.
Thank you for your help.

My setup: Ubuntu-Mate 22.04.1LTS