no audio for World of Warcraft TBC on debian 11

Questions about Wine on Linux
casper420

no audio for World of Warcraft TBC on debian 11

Post by casper420 »

hi i am running debian 11 bullseye and I can't get audio to work world of warcraft, i haven't tried any other game/program to see if anything else works. i've tried winecfg and changed the audio settings from "System Default" to "Pulseaudio" but it doesn't work. i've looked through the forums and couldn't really find much.

casper420

Re: no audio for World of Warcraft TBC on debian 11

Post by casper420 »

also, the “Test Sound” in winecfg plays the sound and I can hear it through my speakers. sound also doesn’t work in another version of WoW, i haven’t attempted any other software with it, simply because I don’t know what else to download. I’m also running nvidia drivers, installed with

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install nvidia-driver
Some people said it was a problem with wine 5, I don’t know but sound was working awhile back when I was running Linux, I also wasn’t using nvidia drivers, and was using the nouveau drivers so maybe it’s an issue with that.

Hope this helps a little bit
invisible kid
Level 5
Level 5

Post by invisible kid »

If you have "pavucontrol" installed, launch that before you launch WoW. In WoW, select play audio in background, then switch to pavucontrol and see what it says. See if it is receiving some kind of stream at least. If you don't have pavucontrol, consider installing it. Just a regular user here.
casper420

Post by casper420 »

tried no avail. thank you tho ^^
casper420

Post by casper420 »

got it to work after i said to heck with debian and i went with opensuse.