Tweaking wine for music production ?

Questions about Wine on Linux
droopy
Level 1
Level 1

Tweaking wine for music production ?

Post by droopy »

I use FL studio via wine and it nowadays woks quite well in my setup with Ubuntu 22.04LTS.

There is still some latency between the Keyboard and FL studio, and I would appreciate some tips to minimize this latency problems to get as "crisp" and fast keyboard response as possible.

Is there any tweaks I can do with wine to get the USB inputs to react more promptly ? Or any other tweaks that would benefit the setup.

I use an Akai MPC 261 as my DAW. About one year ago it was way to long latency whatever I did, but now days there are just some slight delay almost direct but still enough to be "irritating" when you work with the Akai as the input source.

I am thinking of using a low latency kernel if Wine could make use of it in any way.

Wine v 7.17
FL Studio 20.9.2 (build 2963)
Kernel 5.15.0-47-generic

Current versions in the setup above.

Would be very thankful for any tips to "tweak" wine and other tips to get the best possible response for my keyboard.
oldcastle
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Tweaking wine for music production ?

Post by oldcastle »

I use MuLab DAW and I'm happy with my setup. Start here https://codeberg.org/rtcqs/rtcqs

Because pipewire has a "pulseaudio" wrapper, I setup my audio using Wine's pulse and no issue so far.