Failed to install and run wine stable in Fedora 36

Questions about Wine on Linux
rupeshforu3
Level 1
Level 1

Failed to install and run wine stable in Fedora 36

Post by rupeshforu3 »

Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have a pc with Intel i3 10th gen processor and asus prime h 510 me motherboard and I have installed Fedora 36 and I have tried to run windows notepad++ using wine and failed.

At first I have tried to install wine from Fedora 36 repositories and succeeded in installing packages such as wine, wine64, qwine and all its dependencies but when I try to launch winecfg I am getting as "The current version of wine is staging try to install wine stable and run wine after that". I have searched wine in Fedora packages website but it is showing as wine stable. I have even added winehq f36 repository and after that I have issued the command

Code: Select all

sudo dnf install winehq-stable
I got error as winehq-stable not found.

The instructions are given clearly in https://wiki.winehq.org/Fedora

I have followed the instructions given in the above mentioned website but failed to install wine.

Previously I mean 7 years back I have succeeded running wine 🍷 and virtualbox and even VMware workstation without any errors but I can't now.

Kindly try to suggest how to suggest how to run the above on Fedora 36.

Regards,
Rupesh.
rupeshforu3
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Failed to install and run wine stable in Fedora 36

Post by rupeshforu3 »

Hi please try to suggest how to run properly wine under Fedora 36 Linux and if I can't run wine then I have to use virtualbox or VMware just to run notepad++.

If you want I am ready to provide any output of commands and logs to you.
msetzerii
Level 2
Level 2

Post by msetzerii »

Believe those commands are to install winehq-stable if you have no wine installed. If you have something already installed you have to add --allowerasing to remove the conflicting packages.
rupeshforu3
Level 1
Level 1

Post by rupeshforu3 »

Can I compile the wine git code.