Trouble at setting WINEPREFIX for steam games

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
Nbc

Trouble at setting WINEPREFIX for steam games

Post by Nbc »

Hi, currently trying to make Rocksmith 2014 work on Linux/Mint, everything was going good until I had to configure wineasio.dll in Proton. The tutorial I'm following is this one;
https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comm ... &context=3

The approach is simple, command that should work is;

$ WINEPREFIX=~/.steam/steam/steamapps/compatdata/221680/pfx winecfg

I should get a winecfg window and be able to configure wine for this game but I get these errors instead;

Code: Select all

001c:err:module:map_image Could not map section .rsrc, file probably truncated

001c:err:ntoskrnl:ZwLoadDriver failed to create driver L"\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\wineusb": c0000142

0026:err:module:map_image Could not map section .rsrc, file probably truncated

wine: Call from 0x7bc7c9e1 to unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.RtlPcToFileHeader, aborting

wine: Unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.RtlPcToFileHeader called at address 000000007BC7C9E1 (thread 0016), starting debugger...

000f:err:service:process_send_command service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0 count = 0!

000f:err:service:process_send_start_message pipe connect failed

0038:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.

0038:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Unknown error (193.)
I've searched every single one of these errors on the web, couldn't find something useful.

Important Note; I can open winecfg with ~/.wine directory or just opening a new directory with WINEPREFIX. This only happens when I try to open winecfg with steam/proton's prefix directory. This is pretty interesting.

Things I've tried;

Trying to open this directory with WINEARCH=win32.

Reinstalling wine with both wine32 and wine64.