When Wine will be able to support CEF3 in applications?

Open forum for end-user questions about Wine. Before asking questions, check out the Wiki as a first step.
Forum Rules
marcosfs93

When Wine will be able to support CEF3 in applications?

Post by marcosfs93 »

When Wine will be able to run or support CEF3 (chromium embedded framework) used by apps?
I have a game that uses CEF3 to load the login screen but in wine i see a fully black window.

This issue happens too in Google Chrome for Windows in Wine that have this same problem: a fully black window.

In the case of Google Chrome i can use the argument "--no-sandbox" that fixes the problem against black window issue, but in the game seems the CEF3 used by the apps not have support to "--no-sandbox".

So, is possible to get CEF working in Wine? I like to see more apps that uses CEF or any WebView tool working in Wine.

I beg sorry for any mistakes or by the bad english
jkfloris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: When Wine will be able to support CEF3 in applications?

Post by jkfloris »

marcosfs93

Re: When Wine will be able to support CEF3 in applications?

Post by marcosfs93 »

After a long time... Until today I still having problems with CEF3 element

https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=52845
was already applied to last version of the Wine? because my problem with blackscreen wasn't fixed.

The game that I attempt to run is MIR4, this game was originally made for Android and has been ported for PC and this game has a login screen that uses Google Login (with CEF3 ou mini browser used for loading the authenticator screen).

In Linux, the login has a black screen instead to login fields.
But is important to say that the game needs to run at Win XP Mode to run.

Maybe the problem is the Windows XP Mode?
So, if that is the case... is possible to fix it even in Windows XP Mode?