MS Speech SDK via Balabolka

Questions about Wine on Linux
sikorsky

MS Speech SDK via Balabolka

Post by sikorsky »

Greetings,

I am visually impaired and therefore need text-to-speech to use a computer. I have set up a script to pipe selection to a windows program called [Balabolka/balcon](http://www.cross-plus-a.com/bconsole.htm) to access the microsoft speech API.

The script and speech works. However, if not used for about 5-10 seconds, it takes up to 5 seconds to start talking. If I have used it recently enough, it speaks immediately. This pause before working is the problem I would like advice with.
I get some error text when running the script from commandline (instead of hotkey as usual). Any advice on chasing these errors down would be great! Or alternatively, is there a way to make wine/balcon not check for these problems and wait for resolution, as I think that is the root of the pause.

The script I use

Code: Select all

#!/bin/bash

export WINEARCH=win32
export WINEPREFIX=/home/kdcadet/winetest

xclip -o | sed \
		-e "s/’/'/g"			\
		-e 's/[”“–•—‘‑…]/ /g'  |	\
       	wine 'C:\balcon\balcon.exe' -i 
And the errors I get when running the script from the terminal:

Code: Select all

[>- tts.sh.test
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk wine-staging 6.8 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
002c:fixme:winediag:LdrInitializeThunk Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
0120:fixme:wtsapi:WTSQuerySessionInformationW Unimplemented class 8
0120:fixme:wtsapi:WTSRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0002008A 0x00000000
0120:fixme:wtsapi:WTSUnRegisterSessionNotification Stub 0002008A
[after 30+ seconds next line was printed]
00a4:err:rpc:I_RpcReceive we got fault packet with status 0x1c010003
Note: if you want to test this script, it requires installing the MS speech sdk. I install it using `winetricks speechsdk`. I believe it has to be a win32 wine prefix as well, but I am not entirely positive that is necessary. That's just how I have always had it installed. I htink I tried it once with win64 and it didn't work.

Thank you in advance for any help!