Windows exe with socket.io in wine (dropping packets)

Questions about Wine on Linux
hahaha

Windows exe with socket.io in wine (dropping packets)

Post by hahaha »

Hello, I'm experiencing a problem probably with a wine server. I'm using my 32-bit windows application to read and to write into a 32-bit windows application which also runs in wine, so both of them are inside wine and in the same prefix so they can see each other. I'm using a lutris as a runner in order to start the target application which is a game. What I'm doing is sending data that I've read from memory through socket (socket.io library) to node.js server and then sending it through socket to web browser which is supposed to render this data in real time so I can clearly see what is going on (it's really lagging). My friend tried this app on windows so no wine and what I noticed when we were printing data to console on every receive was, that I'm always receiving only half of the data, for example he got 10-13 packets in a second while I only got 5-6 packets in a second on wine. I already tried to scan my network (localhost) by wireshark but everything looked fine, and yea it only runs on the localhost. I'm really frustrated and don't really know what can cause this so thank you for your help.