Foobar2000 Visualizations Use an Excessive Amount of GPU Resources

Questions about Wine on Linux
RelentlesSausage
Level 1
Level 1

Foobar2000 Visualizations Use an Excessive Amount of GPU Resources

Post by RelentlesSausage »

Hey, I'm running into an issue where foobar2000 uses an excessive amount of GPU resources depending on the visualization. The Spectrogram visualization uses about 44% of the GPU, the spectrum visualization uses around 25% of the GPU, the oscilloscope visualization uses around 55-65% of the GPU while the VU Meter and peak meter hangs out at around 10%. This is sort of annoying for a few reasons, one is that I'm running a 1080ti which has a huge amount of horsepower, so it really should be only using a super small fraction of that. Also when I play a game or run a gpu benchmark with this running it makes the fps fluctuate hugely between around 40 to 100fps rapidly. This problem of huge fluctuations seems to be apparent without any visualization at all too. My nvidia card seems to be acting up lately so I could imagine this could be a nvidia issue.

Things I've already tried:
swapping between wine versions (devel, staging and stable)
swapping fb2k versions between 1.5.2 and 1.5.3

System Specs:
i7 8700k
1080ti driver 440.82 from rpmfusion
fedora 32 (same issue on 31)

Amazing work on wine btw, and thanks in advance!
RelentlesSausage
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Foobar2000 Visualizations Use an Excessive Amount of GPU Resources

Update: I've tried using another music player in wine, aimp and I still get the issue with the benchmark I'm using to have fps go between 40-120fps rapidly. The benchmark I am using is unigine superposition. I will try some other benchmark or game to see if the issue is present with those. Still, GPU usage isnt very high with aimp as it is with foobar2000 so thats helpful I guess. Also I've tried foobar2000 version 1.5.4 and the issue is still present. If there is anything else I could troubleshoot I will try it :D.
RelentlesSausage
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Foobar2000 Visualizations Use an Excessive Amount of GPU Resources

Seems like nobody here really has a idea of a fix for this, so if that is the case, would someone tell me where to look or ask if i can't find help here? The foobar2000 forums don't allow wine issues iirc, so that wouldn't be an option.